Wednesday, June 10, 2009

HELPING THE POST OFFICE


I have been grieved to hear that the United States Postal Service is suffering from money issues. I've had some myself and can vouch for the Postal People's pain. Yes, being broke isn't a young man's dream of the future. Still, as we like to say: What it is!

I have a suggestion. Given the speeding and jaywalking in the Post Offices' parking lots, why not issue tickets? A few hidden cameras which are well calculated to catch people jaywalking could easily make a bunch of loot.

Every time I go to the regional USPS in Merrifield, VA, I find myself almost backing over a visitor, who has chosen to walk right behind my car. Individuals aren't the only problem. Mothers will push their babies right behind a car clearly preparing to leave. People refuse to go the "long way" by utilizing the sidewalks. Only jaywalking citations will get the correct response.

No comments: